Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Directional Sense

Of late, I seem to be approached by a number of people, okay lah, four to be exact in the last two days, asking me for directions. I don't really mind giving people directions just that I feel I've lost touch with Singapore since I've been away for two years. New buildings have sprouted out and old building have been knocked down.

First, as I was going home from work, this lady was waiting at the traffic light crossing towards Bugis Junction, she turned and asked me how to get to Paradiz Centre. I pointed in the opposite direction told her she must walk all the way down to the other end, then ask for directions further down the road. I would have given her more elaborate directions just that I was afraid that I might confuse her further.

Next, as I was going home from Sim Lim Square, I bumped into this lady who asked me how to walk to Bugis Station, so I told that her should cross the road to the other main road, then she can see the station and walk towards it.

Later, I met this lady on an escalator at Doby Ghaut MRT station asking if she was at the right place to get to Serangoon MRT station. I told her she was at the right place and pointed to her the correct platform to board the train.

Then as I was going home today, while I was switching trains at City Hall MRT station, a man asked if he was waiting at the right platform to take the train to Novena MRT station. I had to think about it for like two seconds before I told him he was correct. Sorry lah, a bit rusty now that I don't live on the North-South line anymore.

Honestly, I don't know why they approached me out of so many other people in the vicinity. I don't think I look like the person with the most direction sense, in fact, I think I look a little lost most of the time. I seriously hope these people ended up at the places they intended to go based on all my directions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home