Scary and Damaged
Sorry that I've been MIA for so long. It's been a while since I last wrote a decent post. So sorry about that. It's just lately I've been going through a rough patch. I've decided to put the past behind me now and look forward to the things before me instead. I'm not going to blog about it as I don't really like to air this particular dirty laundry in public, hope you all will understand. I don't feel comfortable talking about it especially since it's so close to my heart.
Nevertheless, I shall blog about something else that I've been wanting to blog about for a long time. It's something that has gotten me through my bad times when I was in Melbourne. I found out that the quickest remedy to cure a depression is to emulate someone else's. That's right, wear out your own depression by living through someone else's depression - the best thing is that the other person doesn't even have to be real! I've done so by watching Grey's Anatomy.
To those of you who are not a TV addict like me, which I believe most of you aren't because I believe I'm the only TV addict that I know - Grey's Anatomy is a medical drama about four main young interns struggling through their surgical internship at Seattle Grace Hospital. They go through the worse of the internship and together they become fast friends. These four interns are Meredith, George, Izzy and Christine.

George is the kind, gentle, shy and timid guy who is quietly in love with Meredith. He tries hard to get her attention sometimes although she doesn't see him in that light at all. Izzy is a supermodel turned medical intern. She is determine to work twice as hard as her fellow interns just so she can prove to everyone that she is more than just a pretty face. She came from a very poor background and did modelling just so that it could pay her medical school fees. Christine has the most tough competitive streak among any of them and refrains from showing any remote form of emotion if she can help it. She loves to snatch surgeries from other interns and I like her the most because she has the wittiest lines of all of them.
However, I particularly relate to the lead character, Meredith Grey. She has this totally twisted way of getting herself through hard and sticky situations that makes me can't help but just like her. In the opening episode, she arrives late to her first day of internship due to having a one-night stand the night before. She then realises that one of her attendings at the hospital was actually the guy she slept with the night before! She had also just kicked him out of her house just that morning, how sweet isn't it.
This guy came to be known as Dr Derek Shepherd. He is the best brain surgeon in Seattle and apparently has quite a reputation. He also known as "McDreamy" which I believe might be due to his dreamy appearance or perhaps he was Meredith's dream guy? I can't be too sure.

Anyway, Derek and Meredith fall happily in love until one day this red-haired bitch turned up at the hospital and introduces herself to Meredith as Dr Addison Shepherd. This confuses Meredith for a while and then Addison drops the ball by saying, "So you must be the intern that's screwing with my husband." I think my jaws definitely dropped when I watched that scene, and it replayed in my brain like this ill-functioning device that likes to inflict unnecessary pain just because it can. That was the cliff-hanger for the first season.
Now on to the next season, the scumbag-two-faced lying son of a bitch McDreamy frantically apologies to Meredith for finding out about the truth the way she did and tries his best to salvage the situation. He explains to her that he caught Addison sleeping with his best friend, Mark. That's why he left New York and moved to Seattle. At first, Meredith was insistent that she could not forgive what he has done, for lying to her all the while, hiding the truth from her. Very unforgivable indeed.

He goes on to reassure her that he will be leaving his wife and they no longer have any remote form of possibility to get back together. He promises to sign the divorce papers by the end of the day. Meredith begins to soften her heart and lets herself believe that there is still some hope. However, she finds that McDreamy still hasn't signed the papers by the end of that day, she loses hope again.
Confused, McDreamy asks for more time, afterall, he's been married for 11 years. Meredith becomes indifferent and drowns herself with tequila. But when she realises what she might be actually losing, she comes clean with McDreamy that she wasn't ready to let him go yet and pleads with him to choose her. He goes off to think about who he should choose, and just like any other DRAMA series - He chooses to stay with his wife. I guess just so that people would keep watching.
Dr Addison Shepherd is conveniently to work at the hospital so as to spice things up a little. She tries her best to get her husband's attention but finds herself failing miserably she realises she just can't compete with Meredith. She just couldn't get her husband to care.
Meredith on the other hand is devastated. She drags herself to work everyday after losing the love of her life. She just can't fill the void that has been left behind by her one and only McDreamy. She sleeps with every other guy she meets at the pub (not saying that I condone this behaviour but who am I to tell you what to do?) just in a desperate attempt to take her mind of him. She tries to glue herself back, seeing her ex-lover and wife together everyday at work is seriously more than just a daily challenge.

Derek tries his best to care for Meredith without causing more hurt. He soon realises that he just can't forget her. Everything becomes apparent when Meredith starts dating their vet because they share a dog together. The vet is Finn Dandridge
played by Chris O'Donnell - so cute! He assures her that he understands if she is "scary and damaged" just because he is like her too. His mother died from when he was just 10. His Dad died with his mother except that he's permanently drinking and sitting in front of the television. The last person he slept with was his wife and she died too in a car accident. He has a feeling that his luck might be changing after meeting Meredith.
With all that said, the finale for season two ends with Meredith and Derek having forbidden sex in an empty hospital examination room. They didn't have time to discuss what it meant before they were separated. When they were reunited, Finn was also at the same place and he was calling out to Meredith saying that he would drive her home. Everything would have been going according to plan if Meredith wasn't standing rooted to the ground and taking a glance at her McDreamy. McDreamy notices her not-very-subtle glance and he called out her name as well. The scene closes with the three of them all standing in a triangular formation as to signify a three-person relationship.
Sometimes I feel like I'm Meredith, all "scary and damaged" from the trials of life, how she is caught between loves and facing so many problems with her life all at the same time. Of course, I'm not comparing my whole life to hers, and this isn't reality so probably a real person would have a mental breakdown by then. I guess it isn't for us to judge others sometimes when making choices for love. Too many factors play a part and in the end, someone is bound to get hurt.
Nevertheless, I shall blog about something else that I've been wanting to blog about for a long time. It's something that has gotten me through my bad times when I was in Melbourne. I found out that the quickest remedy to cure a depression is to emulate someone else's. That's right, wear out your own depression by living through someone else's depression - the best thing is that the other person doesn't even have to be real! I've done so by watching Grey's Anatomy.
To those of you who are not a TV addict like me, which I believe most of you aren't because I believe I'm the only TV addict that I know - Grey's Anatomy is a medical drama about four main young interns struggling through their surgical internship at Seattle Grace Hospital. They go through the worse of the internship and together they become fast friends. These four interns are Meredith, George, Izzy and Christine.

George is the kind, gentle, shy and timid guy who is quietly in love with Meredith. He tries hard to get her attention sometimes although she doesn't see him in that light at all. Izzy is a supermodel turned medical intern. She is determine to work twice as hard as her fellow interns just so she can prove to everyone that she is more than just a pretty face. She came from a very poor background and did modelling just so that it could pay her medical school fees. Christine has the most tough competitive streak among any of them and refrains from showing any remote form of emotion if she can help it. She loves to snatch surgeries from other interns and I like her the most because she has the wittiest lines of all of them.
However, I particularly relate to the lead character, Meredith Grey. She has this totally twisted way of getting herself through hard and sticky situations that makes me can't help but just like her. In the opening episode, she arrives late to her first day of internship due to having a one-night stand the night before. She then realises that one of her attendings at the hospital was actually the guy she slept with the night before! She had also just kicked him out of her house just that morning, how sweet isn't it.
This guy came to be known as Dr Derek Shepherd. He is the best brain surgeon in Seattle and apparently has quite a reputation. He also known as "McDreamy" which I believe might be due to his dreamy appearance or perhaps he was Meredith's dream guy? I can't be too sure.

Anyway, Derek and Meredith fall happily in love until one day this red-haired bitch turned up at the hospital and introduces herself to Meredith as Dr Addison Shepherd. This confuses Meredith for a while and then Addison drops the ball by saying, "So you must be the intern that's screwing with my husband." I think my jaws definitely dropped when I watched that scene, and it replayed in my brain like this ill-functioning device that likes to inflict unnecessary pain just because it can. That was the cliff-hanger for the first season.
Now on to the next season, the scumbag-two-faced lying son of a bitch McDreamy frantically apologies to Meredith for finding out about the truth the way she did and tries his best to salvage the situation. He explains to her that he caught Addison sleeping with his best friend, Mark. That's why he left New York and moved to Seattle. At first, Meredith was insistent that she could not forgive what he has done, for lying to her all the while, hiding the truth from her. Very unforgivable indeed.

He goes on to reassure her that he will be leaving his wife and they no longer have any remote form of possibility to get back together. He promises to sign the divorce papers by the end of the day. Meredith begins to soften her heart and lets herself believe that there is still some hope. However, she finds that McDreamy still hasn't signed the papers by the end of that day, she loses hope again.
Confused, McDreamy asks for more time, afterall, he's been married for 11 years. Meredith becomes indifferent and drowns herself with tequila. But when she realises what she might be actually losing, she comes clean with McDreamy that she wasn't ready to let him go yet and pleads with him to choose her. He goes off to think about who he should choose, and just like any other DRAMA series - He chooses to stay with his wife. I guess just so that people would keep watching.
Dr Addison Shepherd is conveniently to work at the hospital so as to spice things up a little. She tries her best to get her husband's attention but finds herself failing miserably she realises she just can't compete with Meredith. She just couldn't get her husband to care.
Meredith on the other hand is devastated. She drags herself to work everyday after losing the love of her life. She just can't fill the void that has been left behind by her one and only McDreamy. She sleeps with every other guy she meets at the pub (not saying that I condone this behaviour but who am I to tell you what to do?) just in a desperate attempt to take her mind of him. She tries to glue herself back, seeing her ex-lover and wife together everyday at work is seriously more than just a daily challenge.

Derek tries his best to care for Meredith without causing more hurt. He soon realises that he just can't forget her. Everything becomes apparent when Meredith starts dating their vet because they share a dog together. The vet is Finn Dandridge
played by Chris O'Donnell - so cute! He assures her that he understands if she is "scary and damaged" just because he is like her too. His mother died from when he was just 10. His Dad died with his mother except that he's permanently drinking and sitting in front of the television. The last person he slept with was his wife and she died too in a car accident. He has a feeling that his luck might be changing after meeting Meredith.
With all that said, the finale for season two ends with Meredith and Derek having forbidden sex in an empty hospital examination room. They didn't have time to discuss what it meant before they were separated. When they were reunited, Finn was also at the same place and he was calling out to Meredith saying that he would drive her home. Everything would have been going according to plan if Meredith wasn't standing rooted to the ground and taking a glance at her McDreamy. McDreamy notices her not-very-subtle glance and he called out her name as well. The scene closes with the three of them all standing in a triangular formation as to signify a three-person relationship.
Sometimes I feel like I'm Meredith, all "scary and damaged" from the trials of life, how she is caught between loves and facing so many problems with her life all at the same time. Of course, I'm not comparing my whole life to hers, and this isn't reality so probably a real person would have a mental breakdown by then. I guess it isn't for us to judge others sometimes when making choices for love. Too many factors play a part and in the end, someone is bound to get hurt.


2 Comments:
For the one who is going thru the rough patch....
One song comes to mind.
Dedicated to you:
I will survive - Gloria Gaynor
Cheers
Archangel
thank you! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home