Monday, May 08, 2006

Cafe Cartel

My weekend wasn't spent on sleeping this time around which was quite a refreshing change except that I was half asleep throughout the entire time. I made my favourite non-baked cheesecake over the weekend and while I was making it, I felt that if I wasn't standing up I would have probably fallen asleep.

I brought my cheesecake to my aunt's house that evening. We went over for dinner and to catch the election results. I won money at majong! $40+! I was losing quite a lot during the first round, managed to win back my money in the second round. Nothing excapes my uncles you know, they can remember exactly what tiles that I have thrown. It's quite amazing how they can remember!

Everyone was very anxious for Hougang and Potong Pasir. I guess the results were quite comforting. I was quite happy that Chiam See Tong won Potong Pasir again. He's already 71 years old and if he had lost, I was afraid that he may just collapse from the shock.

*****

Baby and I went to Cafe Cartel at Plaza Singapura for dinner last Friday before we watched the movie, MI:3 at The Cathay.

Cafe Cartel now has table service which means they can charge 10% service tax legally. Now, you don't have to queue up to place your orders at the counter. You can just pass your order slip to any of wait staff and they will process your order for you and the bill comes after your meal just like how normally it should.

I seriously wondered when they were going to do away with the entire self-service crap. Thank god they have finally woken up from that whole silly implementation!

We ordered a Chicken Salad. I forgot the actual name so we shall just keep it as that... We had to toss our own salad which was quite interesting.

Baby ordered his favourite Fish and Chips. Trust me there are chips behind the fish!

My Panfried Linguine. It was quite nice except that they sprinkled too much chili flakes...

Baby trying to act cute cool.

I just had my new haircut! How is it? Cannot tell right? Sigh... I sometimes wonder why I bother at all since no one ever notices...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home