Mummy Dearest
My mum is one of the nicest person I know and probably one of the nicest I will ever know in my entire life. I know she has given a lot to me and perhaps even given me too much that now I'm a little spoilt and pampered. She gives me money even when she knows I'm working, she buys me clothes even though she knows I have too many clothes, she lets me stay out late occassionally and she lets me whole gatherings for my friends during Chinese New Year where she will cook and cook and she never grumbles a bit to me.
I took this while we were holidaying in Sydney.
When I was young, she used to work long hours and rush home to cook dinner for the whole family. Whenever I missed the school bus during primary school, she would come to my school to pick me up straight after work. During examination period, she would take leave to give me last minute exam preparations and tutor me my weaker subjects. When I was ill, she would check up on me in the middle of the night just to see that I'm not burning up a fever. She would nurse me back to health and keep me in good spirits. Out of all the people in my life, I can only say that my mum was there for me whenever I needed her. I'm grateful for all that she has done for me and I love her more than anything else in the world.
Almost everything about her life revolved around me at one point, I was like the light of her life. Everything was just about making sure that I ate well, studied well and be as healthy I could be. When I was young, she bought a piano for me and gave me piano lessons, but I was more interested in Mariah Carey than Beethoven and so I stopped when I passed my Grade Five piano exam by a mere two marks. During my poly days, she bought me my own computer because I was doing a Diploma in Information Techology. After my poly, she sent me to Melbourne for two years to pursue my degree in Computing and Internet Technology.
During my stay in Melbourne, she confessed to me that it was a little difficult having to adjust not having me around. I used to wait for her a Braddell MRT station for her to get off work so that we could walk home together. After I had left, she told me that she would still linger around Braddell MRT as if she was waiting for me or waiting for something to happen, then she would eventually realise that I was in Melbourne and start walking home alone.
My Mum and I at my Graduation in Melbourne, Telstra Dome.
Now that I'm back, I'm grateful to be around her again and feel the comforts of her warmth and love. She does my laundry, cooks for me, tidies my room, makes breakfast for me every morning, watches American Idol with me - she likes Katharine. She makes me laugh on the MRT when we take the train to work together. We cannot stop laughing once we start because we both feed on each others' laughter. It's quite embarassing sometimes.
Once when we were on the train, I was talking to my mum and this lady standing beside us just commented that both of us seemed very close. I was a little amused. What an observation it must be for her that she felt like she needed voice it out to let us know. I could see my mum was quite pleased that there was a tinge of admiration in the lady's voice when she said it. The lady went on to say that I seemed like I love to talk a lot - which is quite true, I'll admit that. And then my mum went on to say that sometimes I have too much to say and I can never talk enough. How nice.... *gives you a wry smile*
We were shopping in Sydney's City Centre.
All in all, I think I have the perfect Mum, but I really don't understand why sometimes she can just change in a blink of an eye and transform into this whole other different person. Tonight my baby dropped by for the evening to help me pack my room. My mum has been nagging at me to pack my room ever since I came back from Melbourne. And I haven't really been home that much lately so I decided to make an effort to do something to please her for a change.
Later in the night, I drove my baby home and when I came back, poof, this monster appeared out of nowhere. She starts to grumble how I took so long to come back, how my bedroom is in a complete mess, how I keep buying so many things that it's cluttering my bedroom, how I have more than enough clothes but yet I still keep on buying and buying, how I like to stay up late and then she will have a hard time waking me up in the morning. Dear god, she kept going on and on that I didn't even have room to breathe.
I don't understand why does a messy room irks her so much? If it's really that repulsive can't she just not come into my room? What's exactly her problem? I really don't get it... One moment she all sweet and nice, the next moment she becomes this two-face bitch.
Us in happier times...
I really can't take this anymore.
This is really making me regret coming all the way back from Melbourne! Arghhhhhh!
I took this while we were holidaying in Sydney.When I was young, she used to work long hours and rush home to cook dinner for the whole family. Whenever I missed the school bus during primary school, she would come to my school to pick me up straight after work. During examination period, she would take leave to give me last minute exam preparations and tutor me my weaker subjects. When I was ill, she would check up on me in the middle of the night just to see that I'm not burning up a fever. She would nurse me back to health and keep me in good spirits. Out of all the people in my life, I can only say that my mum was there for me whenever I needed her. I'm grateful for all that she has done for me and I love her more than anything else in the world.
Almost everything about her life revolved around me at one point, I was like the light of her life. Everything was just about making sure that I ate well, studied well and be as healthy I could be. When I was young, she bought a piano for me and gave me piano lessons, but I was more interested in Mariah Carey than Beethoven and so I stopped when I passed my Grade Five piano exam by a mere two marks. During my poly days, she bought me my own computer because I was doing a Diploma in Information Techology. After my poly, she sent me to Melbourne for two years to pursue my degree in Computing and Internet Technology.
During my stay in Melbourne, she confessed to me that it was a little difficult having to adjust not having me around. I used to wait for her a Braddell MRT station for her to get off work so that we could walk home together. After I had left, she told me that she would still linger around Braddell MRT as if she was waiting for me or waiting for something to happen, then she would eventually realise that I was in Melbourne and start walking home alone.
My Mum and I at my Graduation in Melbourne, Telstra Dome.Now that I'm back, I'm grateful to be around her again and feel the comforts of her warmth and love. She does my laundry, cooks for me, tidies my room, makes breakfast for me every morning, watches American Idol with me - she likes Katharine. She makes me laugh on the MRT when we take the train to work together. We cannot stop laughing once we start because we both feed on each others' laughter. It's quite embarassing sometimes.
Once when we were on the train, I was talking to my mum and this lady standing beside us just commented that both of us seemed very close. I was a little amused. What an observation it must be for her that she felt like she needed voice it out to let us know. I could see my mum was quite pleased that there was a tinge of admiration in the lady's voice when she said it. The lady went on to say that I seemed like I love to talk a lot - which is quite true, I'll admit that. And then my mum went on to say that sometimes I have too much to say and I can never talk enough. How nice.... *gives you a wry smile*
We were shopping in Sydney's City Centre.All in all, I think I have the perfect Mum, but I really don't understand why sometimes she can just change in a blink of an eye and transform into this whole other different person. Tonight my baby dropped by for the evening to help me pack my room. My mum has been nagging at me to pack my room ever since I came back from Melbourne. And I haven't really been home that much lately so I decided to make an effort to do something to please her for a change.
Later in the night, I drove my baby home and when I came back, poof, this monster appeared out of nowhere. She starts to grumble how I took so long to come back, how my bedroom is in a complete mess, how I keep buying so many things that it's cluttering my bedroom, how I have more than enough clothes but yet I still keep on buying and buying, how I like to stay up late and then she will have a hard time waking me up in the morning. Dear god, she kept going on and on that I didn't even have room to breathe.
I don't understand why does a messy room irks her so much? If it's really that repulsive can't she just not come into my room? What's exactly her problem? I really don't get it... One moment she all sweet and nice, the next moment she becomes this two-face bitch.
Us in happier times...I really can't take this anymore.
This is really making me regret coming all the way back from Melbourne! Arghhhhhh!


7 Comments:
maybe she's just having a bad mood.. or she just quarrelled wif your dad.. my mum's like that too sometimes..
MArcus.... Quit your Jabbering lah.. you insensitive twerp!
How can you leave comments like this in a girl's Blog.
She's was in a bad mood too.
Plus you're a guy lah, It's a different perspective. I Dote my mom to bits.
unfortunately she has not become a daddy's girl.... so she turned to the side of Mum. Which in itself is a Feat of it's own.
You try getting along with your DAD.
Betta Watch what you say too, before I plant my foot into your mouth. (I know who you are.... HAHAHAHHA)
Batman
Hey guys...
I don't believe that it has anything to do with my guy because my mum has been like this since even before I left for Melbourne. I can't remember exactly when it started but it certainly feels like it's been on-going forever.
I know my Mum better than anyone else here so I guess perhaps I am in a better position to give an insight to living together with her?
This particular entry was written just after the unbearable episode in question, therefore perhaps I was more inclined to use "stronger" words like "bitch". I'm not saying that it is condonable for calling my mum with the term, I'm just trying to paint a clearer picture of situation.
I feel that my blog is somewhere where I can freely express myself and not self-censor the thoughts that I truly feel. If there is a need for me to filter out certain words, expressions or phrases then I don't think it's much of a blog anymore. It will not fulfil the purpose for me to blog in the first place.
I don't expect anyone who reads my blog to approve what I write all the time so it's perfectly fine to leave your comments.
I welcome them with open arms.
Marcus.. I will keep your valued views in my mind..
Batman.. Thank you, whoever you maybe...
Batman , Marcus is waiting for your foot ... I have a delectable taste for weird things , like bats's feet .
I dun care if you know me. @ least i got the balls to leave my name here. Do you ?
marcus
What's with men always going around comparing whose prostate is Bigger than whose....
From a man who wears his underwear on his head, not gonna challenge your huge coconuts hanging out of your pants.
It's depressing enough....(I'm refering to either you with your bowling balls or just my hidden identity behind the mask)
Try to expand your volcabulary of words, at least you won't come across as a Barbarian or a half-witted Baboon.
And I love her. So don't hurt her. For my sake.
Batman
Hello Batman ,I am really glad you replied.I was praying that you wouldnt hide between that black panties over your head and ignore my replies .
Kudos to you for that.I would think its gonna be really rude if I were to carry on our intellectual conversation in Sharon's blog.
I welcome any further conversation away from this blog , and should you ever have an urge to engage me in your Intellectually-Challenging Conversations over your short thesis on differences between Coconuts & nuts , I would gladly entertain you . No Charges apply . Just for you & your sake.
replying this >> And I love her. So don't hurt her. For my sake. > Oh Please .. you are a real opportunist .. do not use this chance to declare & Openly show your love for her. She knows already you love her. And For your sake ?? >> thats scary .
Meanwhile , Stay concealed & have a great time !
Cheers !
marcus
Aiyoh enough le can... don't post anymore comments regarding whatever both of you all are commenting about... this topic is closed!
Post a Comment
<< Home