Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Dim Sum Story

My baby brought me to eat dim sum for supper last week at Desker Road. Parking was a nightmare, driving was a pain considering how everyone in Little India just walk around on the streets like they own the roads. We eventually found a street-side parking space after driving in circles for a while.

I used to go yum cha very often back in Melbourne because it was very popular with my friends over there. Very nostalgic feeling eating dim sum here again after so long, the only difference is that there are no trolleys!

This is my baby's baby... Haha...

Chee Cheong Fun. I haven't had this in ages... So nice.. In Melbourne they sometimes serve this with peanut sauce...

Carrot Cake. This is one of my favourites too!

Steamed Pork Spare Ribs. A very savoury dish.

Prawn Dumplings. Baby said he doesn't eat Har Gao.. Aiyoh... How can?

Fried Prawn Rolls. My baby says he prefers this to the prawn dumplings. I think that's what they're called... They were pretty good too. Crisp on the outside and juicy inside.

Friend Wantons. I didn't like this... Way too hard to chew and the taste of it just wasn't quite right. I gave my wanton to my baby just after one bite.

Century Egg Porridge! I will definately order this during dim sum. It's a must-have for me! The combination of egg and porridge just works for me...

Lotus Seed Paste Buns. I craved for them when I was in Melbourne. The lotus seed paste was never quite the same over there.

Fan Choy. My baby ordered this for his midnight snack...

My baby feasting on dim sum...

Here I am posing with what I think seems to be a piece of carrot cake...

Baby getting tickled...

Baby trying to hold back his laughter...

PS: I'm going to diet after my birthday already. Some idiot guy I met on the street today actually thought I was pregnant! Oh my god... I really felt like slapping him but I swatted him with a flyer in my hand instead. Humph! I'm going to fast from tomorrow.... Dammit!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherwin said...

Let's see... the beancurd prawn dumplings are the signature dish of that place.

Hmm....Fasting...sounds like a good idea. I also feel Pregnant already...

11 April, 2006 23:50  
Blogger saccha said...

I think you're more pregnant than me leh! Haha

12 April, 2006 02:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home