"I Blog For Those Who Love Me"
I took a lot of self-portraits last semester for my Introduction to Photography elective. This is the only picture out of the hundreds that I took that came out remotely close to the way I had pictured it in mind. I think the black and white version looks better. However, this blog could really use some colour.I had a haircut today.
At this tiny shop next to La Trobe House on La Trobe Street in the city. It's a pretty average looking place. I just thought I should give it a try since it was empty and I didn't have to wait in queue. My hairdresser was a friendly Korean chap. He couldn't have beamed more brightly when I walked in. Business had probably been slow for a quiet Monday afternoon.
I asked him how much would it cost for a trim. "Thirty-five", he replied with a smile. I said alright and he sat me down, got me ready and propped me with a cushion and a couple of Korean magazines on my lap.
He gave my hair a quick run-through with his fingers and said,
"You have heavy hair. I will give you lighter hair."
And you bet he did.
He snipped and snipped. How quickly his fingers worked.
After when he was done, I was amazed at the amount of hair there was on the floor. It was just shocking. I can't help but wonder if all that hair was really mine.
My head feels so much lighter now.
This is probably the best haircut I ever had in Melbourne.
What a pity I had discovered my perfect Melbourne hairdresser only during my remaining months.
I'll make sure I go back for a haircut again before I leave for good.
PS: I'd have snapped a picture of my new haircut if only I didn't look so particularly hideous at this time of the day. Forgive me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home