Monday, August 15, 2005

Weekend Ski Trip

YZ and I went on a three-day two-night ski trip to Mount Buller. We were staying at the Alzburg Inn Resort in Mansfield, population of 8,000.

Let me paint you the picture of what it was like on the first day.

6:30am - Waited for the coach at the city.
9:30am - Reached the Alzburg Inn. Given 1 hour for ski hire.
10:30am - Reached the carpark at Mt Buller.
11:30am - Dragged ski gear off the bus.
11:45am - Took the shuttle bus to the Alpine Village.
12:00nn - Reached the village and waited around until lesson time.
1:30pm - Started ski lesson. Instructor was Jason from Malaysia.
3:30pm - Lesson ended. Apologised to Jason for all the screaming.
3:45pm - Rushed to catch the shuttle bus. Long queue.
4:05pm - Reached the carpark. Unloaded all the ski gear.
5:30pm - Reached the Alzburg Inn. Returned ski gear.
6:00pm - Retired to room. Collasped onto bed.

I think all the people who make skiing seem so effortless need to be shot dead. I admit that I have a coordination problem and a little physically incompetent. But they have still been so horribly misleading.

Dragging around the ski equipment and walking around it those heavy ski boots already made me so exhausted before the skiing lesson. Putting on the ski boots was also a bloody tiring thing.

The contraption on the snowboard and how it was suppose to go with the snow boots was also a chore. I wonder who had been so imaginative to come up with such a contraption.

The second day was just about the same thing except that we decided to snowboard instead so we had less equipment to drag around.

My snowboard instructor was an aussie by the name of Daniel King. I also apologised to him for all the excessive screaming. I had a horrible time trying to balance myself on the snowboard. I couldn't even stand up on the snowboard without falling over. That was how pathetic it was. For two hours I was trying not to fall over and despite that fact, I believe I tumbled 20 over times.

I told Dan that I'm too old for this. I have a frail heart.

On the third day we just got around to do some sightseeing.

We took this really freaking chairlift all the way to the top. I never really understood the whole chairlift system. It just looks so dangerous.

The entire system is just completely motorised and if you accidentally trip or fall you will just get dragged underneath the chair. I saw this happen right before we took the chairlift and it was making me more nervous.

Here are some pictures from the infamous ski trip that caused me so much physical pain.


The scenic view of the alpine surroundings.


Posing for a shot at the village.


I know we look like professionals. The keyword is "look".


My googles were a little too huge for my face. I always thought I had a big head you know.


See what kind of icy conditions we had to put up with.


We tried to snowboard on the second day. Tried.


We did a little bit of sightseeing on the last day. This was after the horrifying chairlift that YZ managed to convince me to ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home