Monday, August 31, 2009

Wine and Dine

Weny and I just went to ION Orchard's Swensen's and it was a strange experience. Can't really put a finger to it, but it was just a "different" dining experience. Very "party party" atmosphere.

Anyway I feel so full now that I really don't feel like blogging about food, however, I haven't done anything else lately except gorge myself with food so I guess I just have to blog about them!

Bistro @ The Gardens
http://www.bistro.com.sg/

James, Tiffy and I went to Bistro at Serangoon Gardens. The place had a simple clean layout with young exuberant wait staff. The menu comprised of many types of meats and seafood, salads and only one type of soup which was "of the day" and a few choices of rice and pastas. Not an extensive selection but a good range.

I had the soup and ribeye steak. The soup of the day was potato and leek, one of my favourites! It was rich, creamy and really tasty. Yums.

The ribeye steak was surprisingly good. The steak was juicy and tender, went very well with the sauce that came with it. The bed of homemade mashed potatoes underneath it was delightfully buttery. I'd rather have the steak here than in places like Swensen's or Aston, it's so much more value for money!

Tiffy had the chicken schnitzel which she thought was just okay.

The pictures above are all from the website! I left my memory card in my laptop bag in the car so I couldn't take any photos! Boo hoo! But I guess this will do...

Heaven's Loft
http://www.heavensloft.com/

I haven't eaten there. I shall only blog about the food when I get my farewell dinner there soon. The outdoor area with the bar has this amazing view of the whole stretch of orchard road! It's really quite dazzling from 8 storeys above.

Can't wait to dine there!

Rakuzen
http://www.oishii.sg/banner/rakuzen/site.html

I've been going to this place for quite sometime, usually when someone is treating! Haha, what a cheapo I am...

When you are feel like having one of those Japanese Bento sets, this is the place for you. The good thing about bentos are that you can have a bit of everything. A bit of chawamushi, sashimi, miso soup, etc etc. Good for people like me who like variety when it comes to food.

I always have the beef bento set and it never fails to satisfy me. And you can also change all your sashimi to salmon if you don't like the others. You have to trade for lesser though, as in 5 pieces of salmon instead of the usual 7 pieces of sashimi. I also like the edamame, it's served warm with a sprinkle of salt.

Each bento set during lunch is about $24++.

Satsuma Shochu Dining Bar
http://www.satsuma.com.sg/

Japanese fusion dining, came here twice for business meetings. Not sure why this place, I guess it's the shochu that attracts all the IT people. HAHA. (Weny thinks that all IT people are closet alcoholics like someone we know)

Anyway, I love the kimchi hotpot here! Just thinking about it is making me hungry. the broth is cooked to perfection, all the ingredients come together and the kimchi added just adds the intensity of the flavour.

They also have a variety of char-grilled skewers. The mushroom stuffed with minced chicken, pork and leek with garlic seasoning and the quail egg with pork were all really good choices. They also have more exotic ones like ox tongue and goose liver.

For two people, do expect to spent about slightly more than $50 after taxes.

The Jewel Box
http://www.mountfaber.com.sg/

I guess you really have to dine here once in your life to experience dining with a view. Here you can watch the sunset before your eyes whilst enjoying your 3-course dinner at $44++.

The food is relatively good. For the price that you are paying, I guess some of it goes to the view as well.

I regret not ordering the French Onion Soup.

Can someone take me there for the soup? Pretty please?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home