Not Working is Great!
I'm really starting to get use to NOT working and it's really been a bliss.
My mum is paranoid about me touching the things at home for fear that I might just contaminate all the household items. In fact, she had initially planned on quarantining me in my bedroom, but it really helped when I had pox all over my face while begging her to let me have the access to the telly in the living room. So by not being able to touch anything, I have been experiencing the pure pleasure of being served by my parents. Whether it is about filling up my water bottle or mixing up a glass of Ribena, all I have to do is just ask, nicely and politely of course. I can't step out of the house so meals are always served before me. Life is good.
I have already completed my 5-day course of anti-viral medication. Basically I feel almost fine already except for the occassional itch here and there. I hope that I have infected none of my colleagues and friends because it is really quite unpleasent and disgusting to mention the least. I guess we shall find out by the start of next week as the incubation period is around 2 weeks.
The bad swelling on my left eye has completely subsided so I don't look like my left eyelid got stung by a bee anymore. The poxes on my face are almost all gone so I can put on my glasses again, glad to be spared from all the squinting last week. The poxes are almost all dried up and the scabs are starting to fall off. The ones on my scalp are the most horrible to attend to as I have to literally string them out from my hair. Not my favourite past-time to string dried scabs from my scalp.
The good part is that I have honestly been doing nothing else but eating, sleeping and watching the TV all day. I wake up around noon and laze around in front of the TV until evening time where I shower just before dinner is served. I do dabble on Facebook every now and then as well during the TV commercial breaks. Laptops and wireless internet can be so convenient, you know.
Immensely dreading to go back to work next week.
The thought of it just depresses me.
Why can't I just stay home and do nothing, sigh.
Life sucks. (I know I should be thankful to still have a job but...)
My mum is paranoid about me touching the things at home for fear that I might just contaminate all the household items. In fact, she had initially planned on quarantining me in my bedroom, but it really helped when I had pox all over my face while begging her to let me have the access to the telly in the living room. So by not being able to touch anything, I have been experiencing the pure pleasure of being served by my parents. Whether it is about filling up my water bottle or mixing up a glass of Ribena, all I have to do is just ask, nicely and politely of course. I can't step out of the house so meals are always served before me. Life is good.
I have already completed my 5-day course of anti-viral medication. Basically I feel almost fine already except for the occassional itch here and there. I hope that I have infected none of my colleagues and friends because it is really quite unpleasent and disgusting to mention the least. I guess we shall find out by the start of next week as the incubation period is around 2 weeks.
The bad swelling on my left eye has completely subsided so I don't look like my left eyelid got stung by a bee anymore. The poxes on my face are almost all gone so I can put on my glasses again, glad to be spared from all the squinting last week. The poxes are almost all dried up and the scabs are starting to fall off. The ones on my scalp are the most horrible to attend to as I have to literally string them out from my hair. Not my favourite past-time to string dried scabs from my scalp.
The good part is that I have honestly been doing nothing else but eating, sleeping and watching the TV all day. I wake up around noon and laze around in front of the TV until evening time where I shower just before dinner is served. I do dabble on Facebook every now and then as well during the TV commercial breaks. Laptops and wireless internet can be so convenient, you know.
Immensely dreading to go back to work next week.
The thought of it just depresses me.
Why can't I just stay home and do nothing, sigh.
Life sucks. (I know I should be thankful to still have a job but...)
Labels: rants


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home