People Therapy
Lately, I try as much as possible to surround myself with people - friends, colleagues and family. It's a pity I have no pets. I would love a cat. I think when you are feeling depress or falling into depression, the last thing you should have to deal is being alone. The mind works in mysterious ways, I feel stronger with people around me and things seems more optimistic. I'm going to make an effort to meet up with a different friend every week. And for this week, I'm meeting Brenda for dinner tomorrow at Bugis....
Work has been getting quite hectic at times lately so I tend to sing while working in the office, much to my colleagues' displeasure - oooh haha I'm a torture freak. Singing has always been one of my favourite hobbies although I think I croak more than I sing sometimes. Apologies to all my KTV mates... I'm so sorry to make all of you sit through my horrible singing. I hope it is improving at least...
I went KTV at Bishan with a bunch of secondary school friends on Saturday. I was having lunch with my parents at Kim San Plaza where I was just about to dig into my Koo Kee Yong Tau Foo and I thankfully discovered a cooked baby cockroach in my bee hoon. Too traumatised, my Dad had to go exchange for a new bowl of bee hoon. But then I realised everything has been contaminated in the same pot of boiling soup, so there's really no difference! Everything is cockroach-fied!
So I didn't touch the bee hoon, and my mum who ordered the exact same thing as me, couldn't bring herself to eat her own bowl of bee hoon after I told her in was cooked in the same pot of soup.
We are so going to boycott that stall....
Anyway, we shall move on to happier memories of my weekend.
People say we look alike... Do we? Hmmmmmm...
I don't seem to know any of the current songs. I think I need to go and learn. I keep singing the same songs over and over again....
After begging him about 1000 times, Chang finally relented and took this photo with me. He says that this will be our first and last photo together... Oh I almost forgot to add that he sings very well too. :)
Melinda and I kept forcing Chang to sing duets with us. I think we should train the other guys as well... Share the burden... LOL. Singing KTV with Chang is very useful too, he will give you a on the spot Chinese tutorial of the song by reading out the difficult words to you just before you have to sing it. Very efficient and quite hilarious sometimes. *winks*
Our group photo, Zhao Khai, Kairong, Chang, Me and Melinda...
After the KTV, I had Maccas with the guys for dinner. Couldn't really eat my Double Cheeseburger. Think I was still recovering from the nearly-eating-a-baby-cockroach incident. After dinner, I was feeling quite aimless, was half-hoping they would invite me along for majong, but instead they asked me how I was going home. I thought okay lah, I shall for once not be so thick-skinned and invite myself to majong... Feel bad if I had intruded their All-Guys Majong session. Furthermore I didn't really know the person whose house they were going to for majong.
After they left, I decidedly gave my Mum a ring and convinced her to come to Bishan for dinner with my Dad so that they could pick me up as well. LOL. What a spoilt brat I am. Recently, I had just got products to fix my hair, so I went around to look for facial products to fix my face. I ended up spending $121 at The Natural Source. I bought a face mask, a milk cleanser, a facial toner and a hair mask. They gave me a VIP card on the spot, 15% discount in future, so woooo hooo!
My parents came just after I made my purchases. I drank a teh-si-siu-dai while they had dinner at a nearby coffee shop. My dad let me drive the car home - a little too willingly might I add. It's good to know that we all made it home alive. The roads here definately much narrower than in Melbourne. I had to squeeze between the curb and a double decker bus to make a U-Turn. Quite terrifying. That aside, I think it was pretty uneventful. I think I must have taken about 10 minutes to park the car in the basement carpark. What must they have so many darn pillars? Ferchristsakes... Just giving me more possibilities to crash the car...
So in the end, the night all worked out well.
Remember, happy thoughts! :)
Work has been getting quite hectic at times lately so I tend to sing while working in the office, much to my colleagues' displeasure - oooh haha I'm a torture freak. Singing has always been one of my favourite hobbies although I think I croak more than I sing sometimes. Apologies to all my KTV mates... I'm so sorry to make all of you sit through my horrible singing. I hope it is improving at least...
I went KTV at Bishan with a bunch of secondary school friends on Saturday. I was having lunch with my parents at Kim San Plaza where I was just about to dig into my Koo Kee Yong Tau Foo and I thankfully discovered a cooked baby cockroach in my bee hoon. Too traumatised, my Dad had to go exchange for a new bowl of bee hoon. But then I realised everything has been contaminated in the same pot of boiling soup, so there's really no difference! Everything is cockroach-fied!
So I didn't touch the bee hoon, and my mum who ordered the exact same thing as me, couldn't bring herself to eat her own bowl of bee hoon after I told her in was cooked in the same pot of soup.
We are so going to boycott that stall....
Anyway, we shall move on to happier memories of my weekend.
People say we look alike... Do we? Hmmmmmm...I don't seem to know any of the current songs. I think I need to go and learn. I keep singing the same songs over and over again....
After begging him about 1000 times, Chang finally relented and took this photo with me. He says that this will be our first and last photo together... Oh I almost forgot to add that he sings very well too. :)Melinda and I kept forcing Chang to sing duets with us. I think we should train the other guys as well... Share the burden... LOL. Singing KTV with Chang is very useful too, he will give you a on the spot Chinese tutorial of the song by reading out the difficult words to you just before you have to sing it. Very efficient and quite hilarious sometimes. *winks*
Our group photo, Zhao Khai, Kairong, Chang, Me and Melinda...After the KTV, I had Maccas with the guys for dinner. Couldn't really eat my Double Cheeseburger. Think I was still recovering from the nearly-eating-a-baby-cockroach incident. After dinner, I was feeling quite aimless, was half-hoping they would invite me along for majong, but instead they asked me how I was going home. I thought okay lah, I shall for once not be so thick-skinned and invite myself to majong... Feel bad if I had intruded their All-Guys Majong session. Furthermore I didn't really know the person whose house they were going to for majong.
After they left, I decidedly gave my Mum a ring and convinced her to come to Bishan for dinner with my Dad so that they could pick me up as well. LOL. What a spoilt brat I am. Recently, I had just got products to fix my hair, so I went around to look for facial products to fix my face. I ended up spending $121 at The Natural Source. I bought a face mask, a milk cleanser, a facial toner and a hair mask. They gave me a VIP card on the spot, 15% discount in future, so woooo hooo!
My parents came just after I made my purchases. I drank a teh-si-siu-dai while they had dinner at a nearby coffee shop. My dad let me drive the car home - a little too willingly might I add. It's good to know that we all made it home alive. The roads here definately much narrower than in Melbourne. I had to squeeze between the curb and a double decker bus to make a U-Turn. Quite terrifying. That aside, I think it was pretty uneventful. I think I must have taken about 10 minutes to park the car in the basement carpark. What must they have so many darn pillars? Ferchristsakes... Just giving me more possibilities to crash the car...
So in the end, the night all worked out well.
Remember, happy thoughts! :)


1 Comments:
Chey! :P
Post a Comment
<< Home