Tomodachi Japanese Restaurant
For our New Year's Eve dinner, we dined at Tomodachi at Melbourne Central after watching Have Fun with Dick and Jane at the newly opened Hoyts cinemas. It was a blazing 42 degress outside and we were staying indoors to keep cool.
Alvin and I love Japanese Sukiyaki (Actually we just love to eat in general lah hehe). We decided to try it at this restaurant as it was under the chef's specials.
Sukiyaki basically consists of a hotpot of sukiyaki based soup with the main ingredients of sukiyaki beef, mushrooms, leek, cabbage, onions and tofu. It's usually served with steamed rice or udon noodles and is to be eaten with raw egg.
We were lucky that we got a nice table with a window view.
It overlooks LaTrobe Street.

Our complimentary sparkling wine.
We ordered an entree Fried Unagi which is essentially fried eel in the traditional Japanese styled teriyaki sauce. I really liked the eel. It was very tasty and tender. So yummy!
The usual Japanese Miso Soup.
Udon Noodles for the Sukiyaki Hotpot. The noodles shouldn't be cooked too long or else they will get soggy.
The sukiyaki beef. The trick about the beef is that you should eat them semi-cooked then dip them in the raw egg before eating. It's heavenly I tell you....
Our array of vegetables..... They missed out on the leek!
And after you have combined all the ingredients.......
You get a scrumptious pot of hearty soup!
Here's a shot of us together at our table!
PS: I'm watching the re-runs of Buffy on Channel Nine, oh how I love this show!
Alvin and I love Japanese Sukiyaki (Actually we just love to eat in general lah hehe). We decided to try it at this restaurant as it was under the chef's specials.
Sukiyaki basically consists of a hotpot of sukiyaki based soup with the main ingredients of sukiyaki beef, mushrooms, leek, cabbage, onions and tofu. It's usually served with steamed rice or udon noodles and is to be eaten with raw egg.
We were lucky that we got a nice table with a window view.
It overlooks LaTrobe Street.
We ordered an entree Fried Unagi which is essentially fried eel in the traditional Japanese styled teriyaki sauce. I really liked the eel. It was very tasty and tender. So yummy!
The usual Japanese Miso Soup.
Udon Noodles for the Sukiyaki Hotpot. The noodles shouldn't be cooked too long or else they will get soggy.
The sukiyaki beef. The trick about the beef is that you should eat them semi-cooked then dip them in the raw egg before eating. It's heavenly I tell you....
Our array of vegetables..... They missed out on the leek!And after you have combined all the ingredients.......
You get a scrumptious pot of hearty soup!
Here's a shot of us together at our table!PS: I'm watching the re-runs of Buffy on Channel Nine, oh how I love this show!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home