Ni Herng Piaou Liang
Something slightly amusing happened while I was having lunch with Angie at Chinese Noodle House at Mid-City Plaza in Chinatown this afternoon.
While we were digging into our scrumptious meal of Hainanese Chicken Rice (AUD$7.50 plate, mind you), a group of five came in and took the table next to us.
Suddenly out of the blue, the Ang-mo (Caucasian) guy who was sitting right next to us, turn towards our direction and uttered, "Ni herng piaou liang".
Angie who was quite bewildered looked up at me asking, "What did he say?"
I replied with a laugh,
"He was saying 你很漂亮 (You are very pretty)!"
After when we left the restaurant we were remarking to ourselves that he sounded like someone from "Firefly", when they recite their lines in Mandarin.
On another note, I realised that we were so amused by his sudden interjection that we had forgotten to ask who was he referring to.... *winks*
PS: I dropped off my resume at Famous Amos in the city today. Hope I'll be smelling their cookies really soon...
While we were digging into our scrumptious meal of Hainanese Chicken Rice (AUD$7.50 plate, mind you), a group of five came in and took the table next to us.
Suddenly out of the blue, the Ang-mo (Caucasian) guy who was sitting right next to us, turn towards our direction and uttered, "Ni herng piaou liang".
Angie who was quite bewildered looked up at me asking, "What did he say?"
I replied with a laugh,
"He was saying 你很漂亮 (You are very pretty)!"
After when we left the restaurant we were remarking to ourselves that he sounded like someone from "Firefly", when they recite their lines in Mandarin.
On another note, I realised that we were so amused by his sudden interjection that we had forgotten to ask who was he referring to.... *winks*
PS: I dropped off my resume at Famous Amos in the city today. Hope I'll be smelling their cookies really soon...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home