McLaren Vale
Today was a great day because it was a lovely sunny day!
We headed off to McLaren Vale to visit some of the wineries there. I love the view of the pastures and medows against the blue skies. The drive there was not too long, about a 45 minutes journey. I was in charged of the map for the entire trip because we couldn't take turns to drive as I can't drive manual to save my life. Hee. I don't even drive automatic that well.
The view was so awesome! We stopped many times to take photos. It was hard to capture the entire magnificent view because we couldn't get enough height.
We stopped for some pictures at the Tourist Information booth.
We stopped for lunch at d'Arenberg at McLaren Vale on Osbourne Road.
We ordered homemade soy and linseed bread and butter for starters.
I ordered the Baked Fish Fillet. It was yellow-fin tuna cooked till medium-rare served with couscous and chickpeas.
Huiting ordered the Roasted Duck Leg with Dipping sauce. It was really delicious.
We decided to go really crazy with food (again) and so we each ordered a dessert!
Passionfruit Souffle with Cream. It got really sour towards the end. A little too tangy!
Chocolate Pudding with Chocolate Ice-Cream and Cream!
Our cute waiter (a really nice Aussie bloke) apologised to us profusely as the first attempt at creating this dessert didn't go very well, therefore it caused a slight delay. He made up for it by offering to buy us coffee. So sweet!
The chocolate oozing out of the pudding. This was really heaven sent! Now you probably can see how easily it could have gone wrong with this dessert!
At the end of our meal, we paid for our bill and the cute waiter (we have since learnt that his name is Tristan) came around to collect the receipt and slipped Huiting his number!
This was something to the effect of what he had said to Huiting:
"I hope you don't find this rude but this is my number and I hope you could call me sometime because I would really like to see you again."
Awwwwwwwwww! What a charmer!
I wish someone will say that to me once in a while.
Sigh. Why do I only get hit on by old creepy men?
Huiting was so embarassed that she turned bright red on the spot! We both giggled our way out of the restaurant. LOL.
After a moment of composure, we spent the rest of the afternoon driving through the rest of the Tourist Scenic Route.
I got Huiting to pose with her car!
The scenery was just so beautiful. I think my pictures are doing an injustice to it!
Last but not least, Huiting the poser!
PS: Caught 40-Year-Old Virgin tonight with Huiting. I thought it wasn't as funny as everyone was making it out to be. I guess I was just expecting something better and funnier. It was not too bad I guess!
We headed off to McLaren Vale to visit some of the wineries there. I love the view of the pastures and medows against the blue skies. The drive there was not too long, about a 45 minutes journey. I was in charged of the map for the entire trip because we couldn't take turns to drive as I can't drive manual to save my life. Hee. I don't even drive automatic that well.
The view was so awesome! We stopped many times to take photos. It was hard to capture the entire magnificent view because we couldn't get enough height.
We stopped for some pictures at the Tourist Information booth.
We stopped for lunch at d'Arenberg at McLaren Vale on Osbourne Road.
We ordered homemade soy and linseed bread and butter for starters.
I ordered the Baked Fish Fillet. It was yellow-fin tuna cooked till medium-rare served with couscous and chickpeas.
Huiting ordered the Roasted Duck Leg with Dipping sauce. It was really delicious.We decided to go really crazy with food (again) and so we each ordered a dessert!
Passionfruit Souffle with Cream. It got really sour towards the end. A little too tangy!
Chocolate Pudding with Chocolate Ice-Cream and Cream!Our cute waiter (a really nice Aussie bloke) apologised to us profusely as the first attempt at creating this dessert didn't go very well, therefore it caused a slight delay. He made up for it by offering to buy us coffee. So sweet!
The chocolate oozing out of the pudding. This was really heaven sent! Now you probably can see how easily it could have gone wrong with this dessert!At the end of our meal, we paid for our bill and the cute waiter (we have since learnt that his name is Tristan) came around to collect the receipt and slipped Huiting his number!
This was something to the effect of what he had said to Huiting:
"I hope you don't find this rude but this is my number and I hope you could call me sometime because I would really like to see you again."
Awwwwwwwwww! What a charmer!
I wish someone will say that to me once in a while.
Sigh. Why do I only get hit on by old creepy men?
Huiting was so embarassed that she turned bright red on the spot! We both giggled our way out of the restaurant. LOL.
After a moment of composure, we spent the rest of the afternoon driving through the rest of the Tourist Scenic Route.
I got Huiting to pose with her car!
The scenery was just so beautiful. I think my pictures are doing an injustice to it!
Last but not least, Huiting the poser!PS: Caught 40-Year-Old Virgin tonight with Huiting. I thought it wasn't as funny as everyone was making it out to be. I guess I was just expecting something better and funnier. It was not too bad I guess!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home