City Shopping
I have to say I've already did quite a bit of retail therapy before this trip to Adelaide. Nevertheless, Huiting still brought me around to do more shopping! We didn't have a choice actually since the weather has been quite dreadful since I got here. We can't really do much in the outdoors with this kind of weather.
We were out and about at Harbour Town yesterday. We didn't really buy much. Huiting indulged in her usual underwear shopping. (That's all she ever buys!) I got a really cheap top for AUD$9.95 from Just Jeans! What a steal.
Next we spent an hour at Marion Westfield. We didn't get to buy anything over there though. I guess perhaps we weren't really in a shopping mood, which is a good thing! :)
Today we ventured into the city! Boy, parking in the city is really quite a task over here. Worse than I had imagined. We had to go all the way up to the 6th level of the multi-storey carpark just to find a parking space. I almost felt dizzy going in so many rounds.
After enormous feat of getting the car parked, we went for lunch at Pancake House!
The Pancake House opens 24 hours a day. Good for people who get pancake cravings in the middle of the night!
The very cosy interior of the Pancake House. The warm colours really made a difference to the atmosphere.
We dabbled in a little self-photography while waiting for our food to arrive.
Cottage Fried Potato with Sour Cream. We both love potatoes! We have been eating so much potatoes since I got here. Damn those potatoes have to be weight-gaining carbohydrates!
Huiting ordered a short stack of pancakes topped with butter and drizzled with maple syrup!
I ordered this French crepe with ground beef and herbs in tomato sauce.
The side salad that came with my crepe. Yummy capsicums!
After a fulfilling lunch, we proceeded to shop at Rundell Street Mall. Huiting says I try on so many tops but I only buy like a couple of them. Hehe. Sometimes I do like to try on the clothes that I know I can't afford. I'm curious to see how it would look on me. It's the fun part of trying on clothes, isn't it?
For the most part of the day, Huiting spent more time sitting down while I was busy in the fitting room. I kept coming out of the fitting rooms to parade the clothes I tried on for her. LOL.
Me posing in the middle the streets. Dear god, have my eyes always been that squinty?

Huiting posing in front of Rundell Central.
We were quite exhausted once we reached home. At least the traffic on the way home wasn't too bad. Once we were home, we still had to decide on what to eat for dinner. Luckily Huiting's housemate Karin decided to whip up some of her delicious creamy pasta. We also had some potato wedges with sweet chili and sour cream for starters and chocolate brownie and caramel slice for desserts!
Homemade creamy pasta! Thank you Karin!
We were out and about at Harbour Town yesterday. We didn't really buy much. Huiting indulged in her usual underwear shopping. (That's all she ever buys!) I got a really cheap top for AUD$9.95 from Just Jeans! What a steal.
Next we spent an hour at Marion Westfield. We didn't get to buy anything over there though. I guess perhaps we weren't really in a shopping mood, which is a good thing! :)
Today we ventured into the city! Boy, parking in the city is really quite a task over here. Worse than I had imagined. We had to go all the way up to the 6th level of the multi-storey carpark just to find a parking space. I almost felt dizzy going in so many rounds.
After enormous feat of getting the car parked, we went for lunch at Pancake House!
The Pancake House opens 24 hours a day. Good for people who get pancake cravings in the middle of the night!
The very cosy interior of the Pancake House. The warm colours really made a difference to the atmosphere.
We dabbled in a little self-photography while waiting for our food to arrive.
Cottage Fried Potato with Sour Cream. We both love potatoes! We have been eating so much potatoes since I got here. Damn those potatoes have to be weight-gaining carbohydrates!
Huiting ordered a short stack of pancakes topped with butter and drizzled with maple syrup!
I ordered this French crepe with ground beef and herbs in tomato sauce.
The side salad that came with my crepe. Yummy capsicums!After a fulfilling lunch, we proceeded to shop at Rundell Street Mall. Huiting says I try on so many tops but I only buy like a couple of them. Hehe. Sometimes I do like to try on the clothes that I know I can't afford. I'm curious to see how it would look on me. It's the fun part of trying on clothes, isn't it?
For the most part of the day, Huiting spent more time sitting down while I was busy in the fitting room. I kept coming out of the fitting rooms to parade the clothes I tried on for her. LOL.
Me posing in the middle the streets. Dear god, have my eyes always been that squinty?
We were quite exhausted once we reached home. At least the traffic on the way home wasn't too bad. Once we were home, we still had to decide on what to eat for dinner. Luckily Huiting's housemate Karin decided to whip up some of her delicious creamy pasta. We also had some potato wedges with sweet chili and sour cream for starters and chocolate brownie and caramel slice for desserts!
Homemade creamy pasta! Thank you Karin!


3 Comments:
*cough* Stop *cough* Eating *cough*
P.S:
I really should have considered the intelligence of searching for 'fat woman' in Google Images.
Quoth shudders at the memories.
hey!! huiting wanted to bring us to that pancake place.. den in the end didnt go... sigh.. the food looks so good! and the creamy pasta.. drools**~~
Awwwww. Don't be like that Quoth, I'm on a HOLIDAY! My eating habits will be back to normal once I'm back in Melbourne.
And thank you for taking the trouble to dig up that picture of me......
And Mel, the food not only looked good - they tasted good too! Haha. More reason to come back to Adelaide and drop by Melbourne on the way! *winks*
Post a Comment
<< Home