Reflections
2006 really went by so quickly before I could even stop and ponder about what I had accomplished.
These are my few conclusions about the year.
WORKING SUCKS
I got my first real job about a month after my return. I would have enjoyed a while more before I took on a job if I didn't have to stay home with my now retired Dad every day. Applying for the job was really by chance and getting this job was really out of pure luck. After almost working for a year, I honestly don't see how working eight hours a day, seven days a week is going to come to any good to me in the near future. Work to me is just work. It does not reward me with the faintest sense of job satisfaction. All it does is overwhelm me with so much work that will take me at least three years of consecutive over-time to clear. Even so, work will still continue to pile up everyday. My work will never cleared. Period. What's the point of working? You tell me?
I need a more meaningful job. A job that makes a difference in people's life.
Is it too late for me to be a doctor now?
I LOVE SHOPPING
I really do. When I left Singapore for my studies in Melbourne, I brought over a single suitcase and I came back with four extra boxes by freight? HAHAHA. I know that I really really shouldn't shop so much but I really really really cannot help it! Working at Bugis has caused me to become quite broke. Weny and I will go shopping after work when ever we feel like it! I've been avoiding walking through Bugis Village for the longest time already because I cannot resist the temptation! It's driving me nuts! I really can't afford to shop lah, seriously going to be dead broke soon.
MAMBO CAN CURE ANYTHING
I have fallen back in love with Mambo night at Zouk. My first clubbing experience was at Zouk on Mambo night and it has always stayed as my ultimate place for clubbing. I had been deprived from it for so long when I was away studying in Melbourne where Mambo night doesn't exist. Mambo is all about fun and being happy. You cannot feel sad when you are there. It's just not possible. The atmosphere just takes away all your problems. The music is awesome and the crowd rocks! I think I've managed to convert Weny and my Cute Boss to enjoy Mambo night too! Wahahaha. However, to sustain this love for Mambo, I might need to look for a new job that gives me off days on Thursdays. LOL.
I WANT TO BE LOVED
For some reason, I just attract the wrong group of men. They are either too young, too old, married or attached. I really think being single is fun and all but at the end of the day, I go home to an empty room that doesn't fill this lonely void within me. I just need someone to be there for me. Someone who makes me feel secure... Someone I can admire... Someone I can call and talk to... Someone who makes me laugh... Someone who will listen to me whine about my horrible day at work - over and over again... Someone who knows more than I do... Someone who won't get scared and run away when I start crying for no apparent reason...
When will I find this someone? At the moment it just seems so impossible. People tell me loves comes when you're not looking for it... Perhaps I shall just stop looking and just wait...
CATCHING THE TRAVELLING BUG
I had a blast travelling to London and Paris with my brother last year! My biggest treat from my parents! I really wish I could take like a month off work and travel all over Europe. Hmmm, make that two months! There is just so many beautiful places to go and just so many attractions to see. It's just such a shame that I couldn't spent a longer time there. I'm hoping to visit Melbourne sometime in April this year with Peijing, maybe Hong Kong and Taiwan with my Mum in August, Bangkok with my friends whenever we have a chance to go? *keeping my fingers crossed*
Okay now I've come to a point where I have nothing to write. This makes my 2006 seem a little unaccomplished. LOL.
I need sleep now.
These are my few conclusions about the year.
WORKING SUCKS
I got my first real job about a month after my return. I would have enjoyed a while more before I took on a job if I didn't have to stay home with my now retired Dad every day. Applying for the job was really by chance and getting this job was really out of pure luck. After almost working for a year, I honestly don't see how working eight hours a day, seven days a week is going to come to any good to me in the near future. Work to me is just work. It does not reward me with the faintest sense of job satisfaction. All it does is overwhelm me with so much work that will take me at least three years of consecutive over-time to clear. Even so, work will still continue to pile up everyday. My work will never cleared. Period. What's the point of working? You tell me?
I need a more meaningful job. A job that makes a difference in people's life.
Is it too late for me to be a doctor now?
I LOVE SHOPPING
I really do. When I left Singapore for my studies in Melbourne, I brought over a single suitcase and I came back with four extra boxes by freight? HAHAHA. I know that I really really shouldn't shop so much but I really really really cannot help it! Working at Bugis has caused me to become quite broke. Weny and I will go shopping after work when ever we feel like it! I've been avoiding walking through Bugis Village for the longest time already because I cannot resist the temptation! It's driving me nuts! I really can't afford to shop lah, seriously going to be dead broke soon.
MAMBO CAN CURE ANYTHING
I have fallen back in love with Mambo night at Zouk. My first clubbing experience was at Zouk on Mambo night and it has always stayed as my ultimate place for clubbing. I had been deprived from it for so long when I was away studying in Melbourne where Mambo night doesn't exist. Mambo is all about fun and being happy. You cannot feel sad when you are there. It's just not possible. The atmosphere just takes away all your problems. The music is awesome and the crowd rocks! I think I've managed to convert Weny and my Cute Boss to enjoy Mambo night too! Wahahaha. However, to sustain this love for Mambo, I might need to look for a new job that gives me off days on Thursdays. LOL.
I WANT TO BE LOVED
For some reason, I just attract the wrong group of men. They are either too young, too old, married or attached. I really think being single is fun and all but at the end of the day, I go home to an empty room that doesn't fill this lonely void within me. I just need someone to be there for me. Someone who makes me feel secure... Someone I can admire... Someone I can call and talk to... Someone who makes me laugh... Someone who will listen to me whine about my horrible day at work - over and over again... Someone who knows more than I do... Someone who won't get scared and run away when I start crying for no apparent reason...
When will I find this someone? At the moment it just seems so impossible. People tell me loves comes when you're not looking for it... Perhaps I shall just stop looking and just wait...
CATCHING THE TRAVELLING BUG
I had a blast travelling to London and Paris with my brother last year! My biggest treat from my parents! I really wish I could take like a month off work and travel all over Europe. Hmmm, make that two months! There is just so many beautiful places to go and just so many attractions to see. It's just such a shame that I couldn't spent a longer time there. I'm hoping to visit Melbourne sometime in April this year with Peijing, maybe Hong Kong and Taiwan with my Mum in August, Bangkok with my friends whenever we have a chance to go? *keeping my fingers crossed*
Okay now I've come to a point where I have nothing to write. This makes my 2006 seem a little unaccomplished. LOL.
I need sleep now.
Labels: rants


2 Comments:
Hey, you forgot to mention me....
Give you chance to throw knives at me....
Aiyah, read your blog so many times...you're doing fine lah...
"People tell me loves comes when you're not looking for it... Perhaps I shall just stop looking and just wait..."
I really believe in this! I used to say the same thing as you and I gave up at some point.. but good things DO happen. Yeah patience girl, he will come along :)
Post a Comment
<< Home