Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Sketches Wine and Bar

Wah super tired today. Stayed up till 5am to reconstruct the main webpage of one of our websites because it was loading so slowly that CuteBoss demanded I make it load faster because of the presentation with our CEO today.

After reaching home at about 11pm, I painfully started building the page from scratch after coming home from dinner with Brenda who met up with me at Bugis Junction. I then figured out the problem after completing more than three-quarters of the webpage... Why couldn't I have figured it out earlier.... *sighs*

Anyway back to the dinner with Brenda. Brenda wanted to have sushi but I wanted pasta so I dragged her to Sketches Wine and Bar at Bugis Junction for pasta!

I have just recently discovered that this head tilt works for me.

This is Brenda pretending to be camera shy. Sometimes I wonder, it is me or is it just my friends who are just not very camera friendly people?

She tricked me by promising me that she would pose nicely to take another photo again if I deleted a photo that I took of her. After I deleted the photo, she conveniently refused to take another picture! So I have no choice but to put up this crappy picture that I "stole" from her:

Brenda trying to decide what she should eat.

Normally I would just order plain water but I decided to pamper myself for all the misgivings I've suffered lately at work. This is called the Sketches.. oh dear I forgot the name, my memory is failing!

Garlic Bread. Not as crispy as I would like it to be leh...

My favourite mushroom soup! I love mushrooms. Almost any kind, not really a fan of canned mushrooms though.

Brenda ordered the Mayo Chicken.. Hmm.. Or was it Chicken Mayo... Oh well, anyhow it came in a foccacia.

I've always liked Sketches because I can create my own pasta. There's a form you can fill up and tick what ingredients you like, what kind of pasta that you want and the kinda of sauce to go with your choices. It's pretty fun and you never know what to expect!

My customised pasta! I ordered Spaghetti with Chicken, Mushrooms, Ham, Onions and Garlic in Alfredo Sauce. Somehow there was something that clashed with each other in that combination because it didn't really taste that great leh. Sigh....

After dinner, Brenda insisted that we went shopping for her denimn shorts even though it was already almost 9pm. Oh well. She had to force me to do something I didn't want to because I dragged her to have pasta with me. Anyhow, we wandered around Bugis Village and almost got lost trying to find this new building that she wanted to visit. I with my poor sense of direction was hopeless as well.

We headed back to Bugis Junction for Coffee Bean but ended up going to this Erabrow booth at the concourse to have my eyebrows shaped. Brenda was so intrigued by it because she never had her brows plucked before in her life! Lucky girl... Vainty can be a pain sometimes... well, at least for me...

This was taken just before I had my brows plucked. See how no head tilt makes me looks fatter? I like my smile here anyhow...

I think it wasn't really that fantastic because I was expecting much more after spending $21 on it. I usually get mine done at $12 at Hollywood Secrets. Nevertheless, it's still a better job than if I were to do it on my own.

I forgot to take an after shot of my newly pluck brows. Oh well. Will do that soon.

Alright, I'm sleeping now so that I can at least get five hours of sleep....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home